Even before Pharrell debuted his short tux on the Oscar’s red carpet, I loved the casual spin of paring shorts and blazers. I like that the combo looks trendy and sophisticated, and the idea of ditching long trousers for shorts is perfect for warmer spring days. The style keeps you covered up, but still highlights tone legs. Beware: this look isn’t appropriate for all offices. If you’re in a creative or fashion career, go ahead and test it out for work. If you work in more of a corporate office setting, leave your short suits for after work or dinner dates. Here are some of my tips to get a leg up on the trend.
1. Pale Pastels– Keep the look sugary sweet for spring in a pale tone, like peach. Pair with an athletic T-shirt for added comfort.
2. Go All Out Bedazzled– Take a cue from the fashion-forward Solange Knowles and check out an embellished suit.
3. Structured Stripes– Step out in a simple striped suit for a preppy style. Add a contrasting printed heel for a fun pop.
4. Breezy Floral– A relaxed suit in an earthy floral print makes for a great casual outfit.
5. Bright Floral– Try a neon floral denim suit for a funky take on the trend.
6. Fitted Metallic–Match-y metallic shorts and jackets give off an edgy vibe that will set you apart from boring sets.
Lovelies, where would you wear a short suit?